Today, marketing looks different from what it did many years ago. Traditional marketing has significantly changed, and the way you market to your clients does not work anymore if you do not upgrade your marketing strategies. Online marketing today hits different, especially for your construction business.
One of the most effective ways to drive traffic and build your audience is through online marketing. And an essential tool you should have is your construction website. Your construction website is where you must funneling your marketing efforts right now. This is exactly where you have to upgrade your brand, amplify your message, and showcase your offers.
We summed up a list of effective strategies and must-haves when redesigning your construction website.
1. Service Landing Pages
A service landing page is a very effective way to drill your viewers into your specific skills and helps in qualifying your construction leads. This is the part where you share your services and skills. But overall, the main point of this is to help you with SEO. Having specific service pages for every significant construction service you offer can give you the chance to go into depth.
In fact, gone are the days of a single service page that features a simple bulleted list with one to two sentences of the general things you do. That is not how online presence works anymore.
Here are some features you can include on your service pages:
- List sub-services – include the many advantages of working with you
- Your competitive advantage – discuss why you are different from your competitors
- Add frequently asked questions – ask and give answers to the several questions you get from your new clients
- External and Internal linking – Make sure to link to other pages related to your services. It can be news, surveys, guidelines, state regulations, and more. You can link to your company portfolio that is specific to work.
This is your chance to attract the best clients. Give them many details regarding what you can do best and who you work with. It will incredibly improve your sales over time since you are not wasting time anymore on the wrong leads.
2. Location Landing pages
Construction location pages or geolocation can help you target clients within particular locations or communities surrounding a city. By simply promoting the area, you are imparting the knowledge of the locality where you can also benefit from local SEO blogging. The only issue is that you have to make unique pages to provide a more targeted and focused user experience and avoid duplicate content penalties.
The key to an effective and quality location page is to make them as helpful as possible while still describing the community in educated detail. So what can you possibly discuss? Here are some great ideas to begin with:
· Share blog content specific to the location – Make sure to create each page, so it is specific to the location.
- Create a geo-page for every location – Every geo-page must be location-specific. Make every page the most trusted and reliable source of information for the said location.
- An overview of the business location – A couple of lines about the area can help clients find your specific location and will help you rank much better in local searches.
- An integrated map – Almost all of us utilize web-based maps to find where we are precisely going. Make it easier for your target audience to integrate one location landing page.
3. About Us Page
About Us sections/pages are an excellent way for brands to share the most important to them. These pages can tell your audience about your company history, values, and missions in one dedicated and neat space. Take note that About Us pages should be engaging, mainly because today’s consumers gradually shift towards brands they feel most connected to.
You can choose to keep these elements while you are creating your own About Page:
- Minimize buzzwords and jargon – Your peers and colleagues understand the words, but your clients do not.
- Real-world examples – help position your construction company as well-experienced, reliable, and trustworthy.
4. Consultation Request Page
This page can help you qualify your clients by asking some specific questions. This is where you become detailed about the type of customers you like to attract. The questions will lead people down to the right path. Depending on their answers, they can be sent straight to another page that prompts them to call you or send them to arrange an appointment with you.
So what questions should you ask?
- The size of their property
- The type of construction they’re looking for
- Where is the property located?
- How quickly are they looking to begin work?
- What is the budget?
- What are their expectations of the project?
This is only an initial consultation request. During this session, it is an opportunity for you to get to know the requirements and start building a relationship with your prospects.
5. The Portfolio page
This is one of the pages that speaks volumes about all your work. However, it can be hard to pull off. If the photos do not match the type of work you want to attract and are poorly photographed, it will significantly impact your capacity to convert a user to a lead.
The other reason why it is difficult is that many contractors forget to document the work. It is tough to go back to a client right after completing the first plan/stage. You have to use portfolio pages to help display your expertise and work experiences. It instantly communicates your capacities through imagery, keeping your web visitors on the site while visiting your project section. They will eventually realize how experienced you and your team.
The same SEO advice applies here to your other pages – do keyword research, optimize URLs, etc. Overall, your portfolio pages provide a better opportunity to demonstrate your authority.
Portfolio Photo Tips
The Setup. Make sure that the videos and pictures you use are bright, clear, and not too compressed to get the best reaction.
- The Work. Choose media that showcase your abilities.
- The Process. Ensure to document the entire process as a way to convert your portfolio onto case studies.
- The Crew. Choose shots that are candid than over staged. Candid shots of your crew are more interesting since they show their natural states.
- The Angles. Become more creative with your angles. Shoot from above and below and from a corner. Get closer to the actions so details can be seen.
Just face the truth – branding is a critical component of any business, especially in construction. Having a very established brand ensures you are constant throughout your platforms. A strong brand establishes trust with your clients. Your customers will choose a company they typically recognize than a company they do not know very well or has a poor branding design.
Hence, prioritize your branding. It has to be visible throughout your site and convey the brand message you want to express.
- Use your company logo throughout the construction website.
- Stick to certain styles, formats, and colors to strengthen your branding
- Consider a guest post to share your brand voice.
7. Clean Web Code
It is pretty nerdy, but it is good to talk about how your website is coded. Take note that a website that loads faster is vital for any construction website, including yours. One of the most important factors your clients, web visitors, and search engines consider is a website that loads faster.
Better code quality does not happen by accident. So, choose wisely. But why your construction website needs to have a clean code? See the following reasons below:
- Improved maintenance
- Improved efficiency
- Easier to correct and find errors
- More flexible
NAP, which stands for Name, Address, and Phone, are critical to businesses looking to rank higher in local search results. Your NAP is the reason why you appear in Geo-targeted searches. Today, search engines use name, address, and phone number details to decide which listings to appear in the geo-targeted search.
Suppose you do not include the information on your social media profiles, especially on your website. In that case, the search engines won’t display your construction business when somebody conducts a local search for your services and products. In short:
- Your NAP has to be displayed at the top and footer of your website.
- NAP should be listed a similar way across your website.
What does it Take to Have a Functional and Sales-Driving Website Design?
Wondering why your competitors outshined you and your leads are low? It is something that has to do with your construction website and what’s in it. The best websites are mobile-friendly, fast, visible in search engines, and have optimal user experience. Here at ConstructionMarketing.io, we can help you with that.
A professional full-service digital marketing company like us have the best web developers and marketing experts that can help you gain more leads. If you look for something completely customized, we do that too. It does not matter if this is your first website or an instant SEO-tune-up of your current website; you come to the right place.
We can guarantee you to have a high-performing, functional, and lead-driving construction website. Talk to us today, and let’s get it all done!