Create and build your marketing strategy, and everything flows the right way. It is a very well-meaning sentiment. However, in terms to running your own construction business, it misses the mark quite a bit. As you may know, you cannot simply set up and cross your fingers to make things work. Instead, you should constantly market and promote your construction business in the hopes of strengthening your online presence and getting more leads.
So what kind of tactics and strategies will you utilize to meet your goals and bring these strategies to life? To help you establish and create an action plan, you must first ensure that you have ticked all the boxes when constructing the marketing strategy.
In this blog, we have put it all together in a list of eight effective action plans you should consider when building a perfect marketing strategy.
What is Marketing Strategy?
Marketing strategy is a particular section in your business plan that generally outlines your entire game plan for finding clients and leads for your business. In many cases, marketing strategy is often confused with the marketing plan. However, always know that they are different:
- Marketing plan – details how you will achieve those goals
- Marketing strategy – focuses more on what you wanted to achieve for your company and marketing efforts.
A perfect marketing strategy incorporates what you will know about how your business fits into the market and the 5 Ps of marketing to develop further the actions and tactics that will help you achieve your marketing objectives.
Here are the 5 Ps where you incorporate your marketing strategy with:
- Product/Services – what are you offering? What is the uniqueness of your construction services?
- Price – How much will it cost to avail your services and products? How does it in comparison to your competitors? What will be your profit margin by offering at that price?
- Place – where will your services and products be available to everybody? If your business is in multiple places, you must calculate the percentage of sales from each place individually.
- Promotion – How will you tell the market about the benefits your services provide? What can you do to make them check out your offers? What marketing tactics will you use and what do you expect will be the outcomes of each method? Will you use Local SEO, content creation, or social media platforms?
- People – This is the latest additional P to the marketing mix. But who are precisely these people? They are digital marketing experts, virtual assistants, and salespeople. They’re working on customer service, sales calls, or digital marketing. Their advanced marketing efforts will help you to thrive and stand out in the market.
Build the Perfect Marketing Strategy using the Steps Below
1. Run a SWOT Analysis
Begin by running a SWOT analysis to determine your business’s weaknesses, strengths, elements, opportunities, and threats. It is typically a fun exercise together with your team and is vital to your planning process, one or another. To avoid any biases and cover various perspectives, get many people to contribute as much as possible.
Having a much clearer view of what you are best at, what areas everyone needs to improve on will help you equip with the best tools to build a well-planned marketing strategy. Having a clear view on the previously mentioned aspects can also help you to:
Spot possible external factors that show the motivation for your business to exist.
Determine factors that have a great potential to place your construction business at risk.
2. Figure out the value proposition
A great and perfect marketing strategy derives from the company’s value proposition, which defined its main strengths, often identified in the S.W.O.T analysis, and differentiators against competitors, in contrast to being created from scratch.
Identifying your company’s value proposition is the step you must invest most of your resources and time into. It is mainly because your value proposition is one of the essential conversion factors and what could create the difference between closing a sale and then losing it.
You must get started determining the main client benefits and what value your services and products bring to the clients. It will be followed by outlining the primary differentiators. Always know that the best value prepositions are to the point, accurate, clear, and focus more on solving any of your client’s concerns.
3. Determine your marketing strategy objectives
Any organizations determine and communicate any goals using objectives. Objectives will help you specify measurable outcomes that will be achieved within a specific time frame. Additionally, it will help you to evaluate the effectiveness and success of a particular marketing strategy.
Objectives aid marketers in aligning plans, efforts, and expectations and even hold teams accountable for achieving results. When placing together your main objectives, ensure they meet the following criteria:
- Time frame
Tip: Re-evaluate them every six months and make changes if necessary. Use all of them in measuring success.
4. Understand your clients
To embed your client’s needs and seek to fix their concerns through your marketing strategies, you need to understand them first fully. Check out their reviews and concerns on any of your company’s social media pages.
Moreover, in the marketing space, there has been lots of buzz about customer-centricity. Customer centricity refers to a strategy that primarily aligns the company’s services and products with the needs and wants of its most valuable customers.
In your quest to get to know your customers, you may rely less and less on conventional market research methods like focus groups and surveys. While it is better to use advanced marketing tactics today like Keyword research, search engine optimization, and others, it is equally important to use traditional marketing methods. For sure, you’ll gain benefits at a different level in terms of marketing.
5. Analyze your competitors and the market
A clever marketing strategy is the business’s game plan, which helps flourish and stand out from the competition. However, to get to that level, you need to have an in-depth knowledge of your competitors’ market.
- How are your competitors doing?
- What are your competitor’s struggles?
- What strategies and tactics are working on them?
- What are their weak links?
Information is real power. Keeping your eyes and ears open for what is truly happening in the industry is crucial in helping you determine any gaps in the market and the needs that are not being fulfilled. Being mindful and involved can make you discover emerging trends and innovative ideas.
6. Define your buyer personas
Buyer personas are generalized illustrations of your ideal clients. They can help you more understand and get closer to your prospects as real humans. The process of making buyer personas usually involves gathering insights from various platforms like social media channels, website analytics, client reviews and conversations with both your present clients and prospects.
When doing your research about your buyer personas, look into their preferences, demographic details, and preferences. Based on the collected data, determine the most proper way to communicate with them and what channels they exactly prefer, including the tone and style of voice.
7. Establish your marketing methods
Depending on the target audience, you can pick the best marketing methods to teach, explain, and communicate your brand messaging. Find out where your target audience lives and use that information to your advantage whenever reaching them. It is also equally important to identify which marketing areas you will focus on attention at an early stage.
8. Make Use of Inbound Marketing
The 5Ps of marketing that are previously mentioned create the basis of the marketing strategy. However, inbound marketing plays a critical role in developing your marketing mix. The compelling inbound marketing mix includes the following:
- Your website – Customers today prefer to interact with your brand. Use your company’s website to fulfill this necessary interaction.
- Search Engine Optimization – Use descriptive keywords to allow search engines, especially Google direct your target audience to your company’s website.
- Custom Blog Articles – Bogging benefits your business in many ways. By putting out excellent content regularly, you educate and convince your target audience about your services, trends, and your business as a whole.
- Email Marketing – This is one of the most direct and fastest ways to communicate with your clients and leads.
- Social Media – Besides having a website, you must use popular social networking sites to deliver your message to everyone and create brand awareness.
You Better Hire a Digital Marketing Agency and Not Do It Alone
While it is important to create and perfect your marketing strategies, you can choose not to do the work alone. In fact, you can get help from the expert ones in the field! In ConstructionMarketing.io, we are full-time, ready to serve and assist you with your business. We are a data-driven digital marketing agency, and our team of experienced digital marketing experts knows the ins and outs of marketing. On top of that, we have years of experience in the construction industry, which is a huge advantage.
- Website designing
- Keyword researching
- Social media pages management
- Google My Business
- Local Search Engine Optimization
- Blogs and Articles
Let our team assess you in your goals and campaign requirements. Allow us to be a part of your internal marketing team and create the perfect marketing strategy and tactics for your construction business!
Talk to Us Today! And schedule a consultation.