Do you know that many companies are now turning to content marketing to grow their business? This is because this strategy can double website conversions. Perhaps, you are starting to wonder, “How can I ever create the best content plan for my construction business this year?”
Do not worry. We got you in here. Stay put and read this blog. You will find the right answers and solutions through this blog. This guide helps you pave your path to success by developing a content marketing plan that not only makes your target audience entertained but also helps you reinforce your online presence.
What is Content Marketing? What is Content Marketing Strategy?
The practice of strategically developing and distributing content to successfully attract and engage your target audience – to generate lead actions like conversions is called content marketing. Different examples of this marketing include blogs, newsletters, podcasts, videos, and more.
On the other hand, the content marketing plan focuses more on creating and launching a competitive content plan. This particular plan details the roadmap for all the original content your construction business plans to create, and this content includes more written materials and visual plans.
To put them simply, think of your content plan as the WHAT and your content strategy as the HOW. Your content strategy answers all the questions of how your content plan will boost brand awareness and improves lead generation.
How to Get Started with Your Content Strategy?
With the seven steps below, you learn not only how to develop a content strategy for your construction business but also how to enhance your current one by spotting areas for further improvement:
1. Set your content marketing strategy’s goal
Whether you are looking to boost your revenue, improve your user engagement, or drive your lead generation upward, there should be a goal behind the content strategy. As you may know, many companies are skipping this part and have yet to reach their target goals. So make sure to complete this part.
When you create goals for your content strategy, make sure they are:
- Well-defined and specific. They have to answer the questions related to your strategy, what, why, where, who, and which. Brainstorm with your team to determine what goals you want to accomplish with your content plan, including who needs to oversee the overall plan.
- Realistic. Your goals have to be realistic in the first place. For instance, your lead generation strategy is more practical and feasible for two years.
- Easy to accomplish. It is crucial to keep your goals achievable. Some factors you must consider are your budget, time constraints, and other team obligations.
- Timely. Your goals must have a deadline. And you have to make sure to hit those deadlines. If, by any chance, you want to increase your lead gen by 15% within one year, strongly commit to hitting more.
With the right goals for your content marketing strategy, you build a foundation for your content plan. You and your team can know what your construction business wants to accomplish, which provides them with a strong basis for developing your content strategy. Did you see the strong correlation between the two? We hope you did. Now, let’s go to the next step.
2. Determine the right audience
A crucial component of your content plan is your target audience. These people will be the ones who read your content. That is why your company should always take advantage of this specific step when starting your content strategy. It is the area where your construction business can improve and be better.
Make sure to know the age, gender, income, location, gender, and any relevant information about your target audience. These details are under the basic demographic information and provide more value whenever you are building a strategy for your content strategy. To better reach your target audience, make sure to answer the following set of questions:
- Where is the internet hangout? – If you want to develop unique and great content, you must know where your target audience looks for answers. The questions they will be asking serve as the foundation of amazing how-to blog posts or a detailed guide of something. As for your target audience, they may be like more industry-specific blogs.
- What is their preferred social media platform? Make sure to know your target audience’s go social media channels. While the demographics of your target audience will most likely influence their preferences, knowing whether they like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram can target your content strategy to the online channels that matter the most.
- What are the pain points? While researching your audience’s favorite hangouts, you will most likely discover their pain points. That is why with your content strategy, make sure you create content that is both SEO-friendly and delivers solutions to those pain points and issues.
- What content types do they prefer? You can discover what content they are up to as you explore more of your audience, especially their social media interactions. Others react well to blog posts or infographics, while others engage with videos and webinars. These interactions offer insights to your target audience, including ideas on how to connect further with them.
3. Audit your content
While many content guides suggest a content audit, many companies skip this important step. But no matter how little or how much history your construction company has with content marketing, make sure to conduct a content audit. It is a vital step in developing a content strategy, and the results will provide insights into your previous approaches and can offer ideas for your future content.
By following the steps below, you can able to complete your content audit:
- Develop a content inventory: A content inventory will serve as your directory and include a URL.
- Grade content: If you managed to classify the content, grading each of it is the next thing you will do. Grading content means you must consider the quality of writing and the relevancy and accuracy of the content in your target audience.
- Log content performance: The last detail to include is the performance of your content. Here you should include the amount of traffic earned by the webpage and other important metrics.
4. Write your content guidelines
Writing guidelines for your content requires time and preparation, and you and your team must take advantage of this particular step. Know that you need guidelines to ensure the quality of your content strategy and goals. That is why you must have a comprehensive guide that can explore the following content features:
- Content Types: The best strategy focuses more than blog posts. So, create a list of different content types and cite their unique features and requirements.
- Content images: You must take note of the format and usage of images. For instance, if you are creating customized graphics, what fonts and colors will you and your team pick?
- Content tone: There has to be a perfect tone for your construction brand and content. For instance, press releases should have a more formal tone.
5. Brainstorm your content
How can you continue to create content that your target audience loves? Make sure to follow the tips below:
- Use content idea tools: Many websites today offer idea generator tools to help your team brainstorm amazing ideas. We recommend Blog Post Idea Generator – a tool that can help you with your ideas, and it even suggests title tags for every recommended idea.
- Watch your competitors: It is also a good idea to monitor and keep track of your competitor’s content. We never suggest copying your competitor’s content; instead, you have to look for story features that are more relevant to your target audience.
Suppose you want fresh and unique content consistently—partner with a content marketing agency. Only a great collaboration with an agency like ConstructionMarketing.io can help you achieve more engaging content relevant to your target audience. This more tailored content strategy contributes to maximizing results for your construction company.
6. Develop a content management process
It is common for businesses to ignore the importance of CMS or content management systems like WordPress. If your construction business is small to midsized, you may start manually planning, developing, and publishing your construction content. However, as your content strategy grows, expect that everything is unmanageable.
This is the very reason why you have to consider your management processes earlier. By taking this proactive step, you are minimizing your team’s workload and stress and maximizing your content plan’s success.
Start your Content Strategy with ConstructionMarketing.io
Before 2022 ends, are you investing more of your content and thinking about reinventing it? How does it go? Perhaps, you need a better strategy for your content plan, one that is driven to deliver greater results to your construction business.
Here at ConstructionMarketing.io, we specialize in everything related to content and other marketing campaigns. We help construction companies generate long-term marketing success and advance their brands using our cutting-edge marketing techniques and latest tools.
Ask yourself this crucial question: Do I have the time to plan content independently and carry out a DIY approach? Obviously, the answer is no, and it does makes sense to partner with an agency like ours that offers top-tier content marketing services and is operated by skilled content marketers and writers.
If you are deeply interested in partnering with an agency, contact us. We are thrilled to know more about you, your company, and your marketing goals. Trust us because we can help your construction business grow online!