SEO is facing some of the biggest disruptions ever, especially now with integrating emerging technologies in the market, like AI and Machine Learning. According to a current report from Statista, there is a leading reason for a shift in SEO worldwide between 2022 and 2024.
So, how ready is your online construction business for the many changes coming? What is the state of your SEO strategy? What are your plans for the future?
Maintaining market share, boosting efficiency, and optimizing content to drive fast execution of your SEO efforts will be essential to predict and achieve SEO success in 2024. It all starts with SEO forecasting, a method you can use to tailor all your marketing strategies accordingly amid the changes.
According to many top experts, SEO forecasting is an ideal way to shape your SEO efforts moving forward. In this blog post, learn everything you need to know about SEO forecasting and discover how it plays a role in achieving success in your SEO efforts.
State of SEO – What 2023 was Like and Some Predictions for 2024
Let’s head first to the state of Search Engine Optimization before discussing SEO forecasting.
On the current state of SEO
- 93% reported SEO significantly impacted marketing goals and website performance in 2023.
- Businesses at the lowest SEO maturity level are more likely to report SEO as having less to no impact.
- Increasing brand awareness with SEO ranked top priority for all role levels in 2023.
- Over the last 9 to 12 months, leaders have focused on hiring the right SEO talent team, while managers have focused more on enhancing collaboration and efficiency.
Predictions by the year 2024
- The role of AI is growing in overall digital marketing, including SEO. Most businesses at every SEO maturity level expected a positive impact of Artificial Intelligence on SEO for 2024.
- Businesses with high SEO maturity will have the highest response rate, forecasting a positive impact.
- On the other hand, businesses with low SEO maturity will have the highest response rate, forecasting a negative impact.
- Businesses with either medium or high SEO maturity will most likely adopt a hybrid SEO resourcing strategy.
There are many takeaways from 2023 and predictions for 2024. Overall, the goal here is how your business can stay ahead in the years to come so that it continues to surpass its competitors – and achieve success in real-time!
What is SEO Forecasting? Why It is Important?
SEO forecasting is when you predict your future search traffic, rankings, and value from your SEO efforts. One of the biggest benefits of SEO forecasting is it can help you estimate your revenue.
If you think this process is easy, think otherwise. SEO forecasting is a complex task, and many experts have different opinions on how to get the best and most accurate results.
Estimating the impact of your SEO initiatives, especially now that the year 2024 is about to begin, will result in many benefits:
- Helps you determine if your goals are realistic, reasonable, and achievable
- It improves your relationships with your construction clients
- Understand your data, what it tells and how to use it to your utmost advantage.
- You will have a competitive advantage over other SEOs
- It offers a case for further resources
How to Execute SEO Forecasting Successfully?
Implementing SEO forecasting is a challenge, given that you are new to this process. However, we provide tips that are beginner-friendly and easy for you to get started.
1. Gather accurate data
Gathering historical data is the first step in SEO forecasting. Data can be from Google Analytics reports or specific tools you currently use. In many cases, they can be anything you use for as long as it gives you insights into the website’s past traffic levels and who is coming to your site.
You should go as far back as you can using the information you collected, as this data will help you see any recurring specific patterns or seasonal stages that may affect the results over time. Remember – in this particular stage of the forecasting process, you have to make many attempts to get a high-level view of previous traffic.
2. Consider other outside factors
Once you have all the necessary data, the next step will be to consider other outside factors. Such factors may have an impact on the previous results during a particular period.
Here are some of these factors you must keep an eye on:
- Several changes in Google algorithms that affect the traffic
- Seasons that make your web visitor most likely to seek content on your page and look for services your construction company offers.
- Previous marketing campaigns that make your website’s traffic higher than normal.
During this process of SEO forecasting, you can use SEO tools to collect third-party data we discussed above.
3. Use the right forecasting tools
You can use many different tools and applications for SEO forecasting. Let’s take a closer look at our best picks:
- Ahrefs: It allows you to take a closer look at your website’s historical information and rankings. Overall, this helps you predict your future Local SEO performance. With Ahrefs, you can analyze the competition, track backlinks, etc. Other features of Ahrefs include Keywords Explorer for SEO research, Site Audit to optimize your website, Content Explorer to discover more content ideas and many more.
- Niel Patel’s backlink checker: This tool allows you to plug in any competitor’s URL and run a search for websites linking to it.
- Ubersuggest: It is a keyword tool that showcases details about how specific keywords perform in search. It is a free tool, but you can pay for a reasonable upgrade if you want to access other features. With a free account, you can get an overview of your keywords (search volume, difficulty, and more), related keywords, and content ideas.
- SEO Forecast by SEOmonitor: This comprehensive SEO forecasting tool designed to predict conversions, ROI, and organic traffic. It enables you to create customized forecasts and track SEO performance over time.
- seoClarity: It is an enterprise-level SEO platform that provides exceptional SEO prediction futures. Its advanced features include competitor analysis, content optimization, and keyword research.
You may want to take advantage of different SEO forecasting tools. You can use two or more of these tools to get the best insights and compare!
4. Analyze data
You will finally reach the point wherein you have to analyze all the gathered data. In this part, look at emerging trends and determine if they continue to be useful in the future. You will start to point out some areas where you have particular weaknesses, and the need to change is crucial.
Analyzing data is usually the last step of the process. So, you must be willing to see where you can make any adjustments and changes to meet your goals.
Choose the Right Metrics to Track
To properly analyze the data you just collected and forecast future SEO performance, you must know which metrics to look at. Below are among the most common metrics to monitor during an SEO forecast:
- Search volume: This metric refers to the average volume of searches for a specific query. With this metric during an SEO forecast, you can easily predict a keyword’s clear potential to contribute to SEO success or returns.
- Click-through rate: CTR, in short, this metric measures the rate of clicks divided by the impressions your website gets from a specific query. By tracking this metric, you can easily estimate the volume of traffic you can drive based on your website’s organic impressions and current position.
- Seasonality: This metric refers to the seasonal spike using some specific keywords. Analyzing the seasonality of your keywords helps you estimate the occurring changes in keyword search volumes.
- Conversion rate: This metric is the percentage of your site visitors who have taken an action on your website and converted from the total number of your visitors. It is the moment your site visitor responds to a specific call to action, like sign-up or download.
- Organic traffic trend: This metric refers to measuring how much traffic a site gets from organic search for a given period. This is one important metric to forecast how traffic will increase or drop.
- Sales conversion rate: This metric is the number of leads that convert as paying customers. You can use this metric to estimate your sales based on your organic traffic.
- Search intent: Basically, search intent is the purpose behind every query. This metric forecasts the many possibilities of converting a website visitor from organic traffic.
Claim Your SEO Success this 2024 with ConstructionMarketing.io!
If only forecasting SEO is as predictable as forecasting the weather, but unfortunately, it is not. If you want to achieve SEO success next year but need more time to dedicate to SEO tasks, you can partner with a professional construction marketing agency like us!
Here at ConstructionMarketing.io, we offer a range of digital marketing solutions and one of our specializations is SEO. Our team of digital marketing experts and experienced SEO professionals can help you strategize your campaigns and make better decisions for your SEO efforts.
Here’s a breakdown of our very own SEO forecasting process:
- Statistical Forecasting
- Google Analytics
We pay attention to the entire process and ensure it delivers results! Also, we have a strong background in construction – one that sets us apart from the others. Can we just say that we give you all the right reasons to partner with us?
Contact us today and together, let’s set goals for 2024!