In today’s ever-competitive business world, having a good service or product offering – or even a great one- is not enough. You won’t get leads or increase your sales if you cannot set your construction business apart. It’s that simple.
That is why you must strategically and successfully position your construction brand in the market. In layman’s terms, this strategy is called brand positioning. Brand positioning refers to how your audience will think of your construction business compared to competitors. And this means that it’s a must to stand out in the minds of your target audience.
But, the process of brand positioning takes work. In actuality, it takes time, effort, and patience!
But do not worry. In this post, we will break down what brand positioning is, why it matters, and some of the best disciplines you can carry out to better position your brand and create more connections in the construction market.
What is Brand Positioning?
To put it simply, brand positioning is the method of positioning your brand in the minds of your target customer. It is an important part of your lead acquisition campaign.
Moreover, brand positioning is everything in the current market. All types and business forms are actively positioning themselves in this particular niche. Since millions of different brands are thrown into the market yearly, many options exist. That is why you must focus on having a brand positioning strategy to position your brand better. Above all, you must give your target construction clients a solid reason to choose your brand over your competitors.
Effective brand positioning is one important thing that every successful digital marketing strategy needs. It delivers a foundation upon which your construction brand builds itself.
Check out the next section to discover some of its key benefits.
Why is Brand Positioning Beneficial?
In actuality, there is more to brand positioning than creating an impression in the minds of your target customers. The reasons why brand positioning is beneficial are as follows:
- Easily reach your target audience: Your main audience usually comprises your target leads. So they know exactly when they are being marketed to. So, by having a strong brand strategy, you can efficiently and effectively reach your target leads.
- Justify your pricing: Even if people know the value behind your service offerings, you have to justify your pricing strategy. When you have a solid spot in the market, it will be easier for you to stand out among the competition. A solid brand positioning strategy can help you earn a spot in your respective market.
- Sell your customers their values: Contrary to what everyone believes, you are not selling your product or service to your clients. In reality, you are selling your customer’s value. To simplify, your customers will purchase the value you offer mainly because they cannot find the same value elsewhere. Notably, 80% of customers stated that the experience a company provides is as important as its services and products.
- It makes more decision-making effective: When you are clear about what you stand in the market, you can make decisions better and wisely. With the best decisions made, you can create relevant, high-impact, and creative campaigns specific to your market.
Best Practices on How to Best Position Your Brand in the Market
We assumed you now have clearly understood brand positioning and why it is vital for your construction business. Now, it is time to discover how to position your business in the market and power up your brand awareness.
Here are some of the best practices for successful brand positioning.
1. Assess your current brand positioning strategy
The first step you should carry out is to assess your brand positioning critically. Look closely at your brand name, pricing strategy, the services and products you offer, visual identity, and overall online marketing strategy. Also, ensure to analyze the mission of your brand, its values, voice, tone, identity, and more.
Understanding the many facets of your construction business plays a critical role in positioning your brand in the ever-changing market.
2. Identify the competition
Getting a clearer picture of your present brand positioning can make it easier for you to analyze your competitors and determine the areas they are best and worst at and what you can do to place your construction business on top of the minds of your target construction clients.
- Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Search for competitors that offer the same construction service/product as yours via Google.
- Conduct customer surveys and learn what brands your target customers are highly considering.
- Go to social media forums for services and products similar to yours.
3. Perform competitor research
When you finally know who your competitors are, it’s about time to perform detailed competitor research. You have to analyze and assess how your competitors position their brands to get known. At its core, your competitor research includes:
- What products and services does the competition offer?
- What are their main strengths and weaknesses?
- What marketing tactics are they using consistently to drive results?
Furthermore, learn and discover the unique services your competitors offer, how they do it, their marketing campaigns, and how strong their brand’s position is in the market. Once you finally have all the information you need, you can focus on building your brand and its identity, making it impossible for others to surpass you.
4. Adapt to the construction market
Your construction business must evolve to fit into the ever-changing market and environment. And it is very necessary, especially when you want to expand your business and target new areas. Always step up to the changes and adapt to the deviations of the market and your audience.
When repositioning your brand, always be careful with the steps you take and the decisions you make. And this is especially true when you want to target new areas. That is why you have to partner up with the right digital marketing agency to guide you in the process and give you insights on how to navigate the ever-evolving market.
ConstructionMarketing.io is a full-service digital marketing agency specializing in Brand recognition, Local SEO, Content Marketing, etc. – all critical when targeting local areas. Trust that our marketing solutions enhance brand visibility and create brand experiences that are ownable, engaging, and unique that resonate deeply with your target audience.
5. Create your very own brand positioning statement
The brand positioning statement is a simple phrase or sentence that best describes what makes your business unique compared to other brands.
Before crafting your brand positioning statement, here are a couple of things you should discover first about your construction business:
- Who your target customer clients are? And what exactly are they looking for?
- What is your company’s real brand identity and personality?
- What ideas do your clients desire or align with?
- What types of products and services do you offer?
- What is the most significant value your service offerings provide?
- · What is the greatest benefit of purchasing your service and product offerings?
- What is the proof of that benefit?
All this information will help you create a simple but compelling brand positioning statement.
6. Assess whether your positioning statement works
Taking time to position your brand to get known to your target customers and market is just the start of the journey. In fact, it is only a small part of the battle. Once the positioning statement is created, it is the best time to test, experiment, and collect customer feedback.
If things can be difficult, double your efforts in positioning your brand. You can collect and listen to feedback, making your target customers engaged and connected with your brand. You can also focus on the content you publish and its delivery style. These tactics remain a key asset in branding.
Ensure a Spot in the Market with ConstructionMarketing.io!
Many business owners today still need a clear idea of positioning and marketing their construction business or creating a niche for their brand. Only a strong brand positioning can allow a company to gain a foothold in the market and compete with other brands. So, it is vital to create one that is unique while also keeping in mind that changing strategies, technologies, and market landscapes will keep your construction brand growing successfully.
If you feel like you are not made to do this, you can partner with a reliable construction marketing company.
ConstructionMarketing.io is one of the leading digital marketing agencies for construction companies. We specialize in many marketing strategies, using both traditional and modern marketing approaches. We have a team of marketing professionals who are true experts in building a brand and have used cutting-edge technologies.
Our main goal is to help your brand build a strong authority in the marketplace and give your company the edge. We follow a rigorous process that involves three core sections: assessment, analysis, and strategy.
- First, we learn about your company and assess your current brand position in the market.
- Given that our agency has a strong construction background, expect that we already know the nitty-gritty of the industry. We already know the latest market trends. We can surely plan the best approach.
- Finally, we use data and insights to create a customized brand positioning strategy tailored to your overall goals.
Remember, do not settle for mediocrity when it comes to your brand. Always put your game face on, surpass the competition, and get the first spot in the market!
Hurry up! Together, let’s power up your brand.