In most construction businesses, link building is quite misunderstood, perceived as a dark art by many. However, for construction marketing to be effective, building links and wide outreach are two of the most crucial elements of the digital marketing plan. With over forty percent of the revenue of the construction companies coming from pure organic traffic, having a construction website that maintains a robust search ranking is the key!
Having a growing and firm foundation of good quality authoritative links to your website is the best thing to have, giving you the type of authority that Google loves and bringing you referral traffic and more.
It is not harder as you might think. Therefore, find out in this blog how to plan your link-building campaign, build your backlinks, and improve your organic rankings.
The Need for Link Building
You might be looking enviously at your closest competitors on Google’s first page, wondering why their site is topping organic search compared to your traffic that cost you so much—ever heard of backlinking. You need it to the top on the first page of Google.
Building links is crucial since it is a significant factor in how Google will rank web pages. It omits main elements such as:
- The Search Engine Optimization and content optimization of the respective websites
- The authority and trust of the linking pages
- The anchor text of the incoming links
Moreover, the main reasons why you have to make sure you are putting a strong focus on backlinking are:
· Google will eventually find new pages on your site much faster.
- You will rank much higher on Google and other search engines.
- You will enjoy increased trustworthiness and credibility as a business.
- You can benefit from targeted referral traffic.
You cannot ignore this strategy at all. So, upon looking at your building strategy now, take into consideration the importance of linking. In fact, it is known that inbound links are the important ranking signal. The links are like votes for your construction website – more votes equal better rankings.
Key Elements for a Successful Link-Building Campaign
Today, more and more construction companies are leveraging Search Engine Optimization to improve their web presence further and attract clients. Link building is ultimately one of the most effective activities of SEO. It is the process of obtaining backlinks (links pointing to your site from others). When you are planning to create your link-building campaign, take note of the following key elements:
1. Asses your resources – Do you have sufficient resources to run a link-building campaign? This campaign will surely require you extra time and money to succeed due to many resources and outreach needs. This is why you have to get some help from a team of digital marketers from a full-service digital marketing agency.
2. Assess Current Link Opportunities – Your link targets should always comprise organizations and people who link to you. Otherwise, it may be harder for you to get the links.
3. What is working now? – Think about what is working well now. How do you generate clients, leads, and more? Figure out the set of things that are already working for you and what does not work the other way.
4. Align your Business Goals – For your link-building strategy to be effective, we suggest aligning everything with your marketing and business objectives it.
5. Address possible bottlenecks – Assess every activity and plan concerning your link-building campaign. Determine which ones might need approval before launching the campaign.
Five Steps to Follow for your Link Building Outreach
Make sure to actively search and reach out to websites that directly link to yours. Follow the steps below as you create your outreach.
Step 1. Decide the links you want to use
Identify your assets
What are your strengths? Is it the content on your webpage? The services and products you offer? Are you okay sharing these assets with your prospects? If not, then re-evaluate your construction website even before moving forward.
Determine the types of links you need to build
Include links to your homepage, deep pages (categories, etc.), links containing your construction brand name, and links that typically have the keywords you are targeting.
Step 2. Find link targets
Identify your target audience
Who will be interested in your blog content? Try to consider the right target audiences when you plan to create one.
Identify link target
Google might be a great place to start. Look for top construction blogs or a list of construction bloggers. Do advanced search queries as well. It will probably allow you to zero in on more particular results.
Gather link target information
Keep track of your possible targets. Include the construction website and any contact emails and names.
Prioritize link targets
When you have gathered a sizable list, you should first decide what websites to contact. There are many ways to prioritize contacts on the list – domain metrics, blogger influence, and the likelihood of external and internal linking.
Step 3. Outreach
Remember, you are contacting a real person. So, write accordingly and focus on your message. You can ask three questions when crafting your message. Why should they care about you? What action will you like them to take? Do you appear genuine?
Step 4. Follow Up
There are many reasons why someone might not have read or responded to your email. Apparently, follow-up is just as crucial as the initial email. Keep track of who replied and did not reply, who is linking and who isn’t. Doing so will help you figure out who to follow up with and how.
Step 5. Responding to Negative Replies
Always respond to negative replies. There are two significant reasons for doing so – responding allows you to continue the building relationship and freely ask for feedback. In fact, it will help you improve both your outreach approach and content.
As we share with you these expert-level steps, we hope you can apply the right approach. You can be earning your target links in no time, and your hard-worked content will finally see the light of the day!
Finding Your Link Building Opportunities
There are several link-building opportunities you can try. Find what works best for you.
1. Getting other Websites to Link to You Directly
- Reviews and mentions – Place your services and products or website in front of your target audience within your industry. Go for famous bloggers and anybody who has a large social media following.
- Links from Partners – Ask people you work with and people you know to link to your website. Relevance always matters. Remember that. Links from websites in the same niche and industry as yours will have more and more value than links from unrelated, random sites.
2. Building Links for Free through Internal Linking
There is an easier and underrated way to establish links to the pages to improve search engine rankings. This is the method you have overall control over – Internal Link Building.
Below are some factors you need to consider when attempting to get a web page to rank:
- Quality of the Linking Page – One factor you must consider is the quality of the pages that are sending the link. Search engines typically allow links from trusted, high-quality pages to count more to boost rankings than questionable sites and pages.
- Anchor Text – The most essential thing search engines consider when ranking a page in the text are those link pages have used to refer to your content.
- Page the Link is Aimed at – In many instances, when people refer to your website, they will link to the home page. It makes it harder for some individual pages to achieve the highest rankings further.
3. Internal Linking Tips and Tools
So how will you go about building excellent internal links? You can prepare a system for interlinking these pages with the following easy steps below:
- Keyword Research for building links – First, you have to use the right tools to have many keywords suggested to you that are both popular and relevant.
- Assign Keywords to Your Content – Group and categorize your keywords strategically to create search-friendly info.
- Link Pages with Targeted Anchor Text – The last step is to apply keyword research to smart inter-linking. To do this, link your content using the keywords you have discovered.
The execution of the third item is the key. So, you need to make sure that you are linking to the correct pages using the right anchor text.
4. Use Your Site Search
This tactic is pretty much simple and can be used for many purposes:
- Find pages on your website to link to a new page – Upon creating your new content, you need to be sure to search your website for mentions for the same keyword variations.
- Find a page that has been created to link to – Your construction website may have many content authors. In some instances, you might have a vague idea that a specific page has been created. Yet, you do not know the URL. Type the keyword into the site search to look for corresponding pages.
Is it your goal to build links and improve your website traffic and performance? Let ConstructionMarketing.io handle your link-building campaign. At ConstructionMarketing.io, we deliver a consistent flow of leads and clients for construction businesses thru our inbound marketing approach.
We used the latest digital marketing tactics like inbound construction marketing to have your construction company grow sustainability in this digital transformation era!
Contact us today. We are all-time ready to help you achieve your ultimate goal – Growing your construction business and getting more specifiers, leads, and clients!