The success of your construction business relies mainly on integrity, dependability, and communication with your clients. These are things that comprise a lasting and successful relationship, either personal or business. So, your marketing strategy must help build long-term and real-time relationships, and social media is one of the most effective platforms to do this.
If you are a contractor looking for ways to grow your brand in social media, this blog is intended for you. Discover how to grow your construction brand with the four of the most commonly used social media platforms in the business today.
Does Social Media Really Works for Contractors?
The correct answer for the question is YES! If you want to build a brand with a digital presence, you should invest in social media marketing. It is crucial to remember that the same people who scroll through social media daily are likely the same people who belong to your target audience.
Social media marketing for your construction company is critical in optimizing a positive brand perception. Also, creating online conversations builds transparent and accessible exposure, ensuring clients have made the right choice while injecting money into the construction projects.
Your social newsfeed should consist of the following:
- Website blog content
- Creates brand image and identity
- Press releases
- On-site projects
- A consistent tone of voice
- Job opportunities, etc.
Having to follow everything above creates an engaging social media newsfeed. It reassures your clients that your company is truly thriving and works positively.
Five Social Media Platforms for Contractors and How to Use Them
Let’s look at four social media platforms a contractor like you can use to grow your brand. You can best determine specific ways to properly position your construction company, reach your target audience, and ultimately grow your construction brand with the support of these social media channels.
1. YouTube – the second-largest engine
Currently, YouTube is the second largest search engine and the best option to beat the competition. This video-sharing platform is considered as one of the most significant search engines next to Google. People use it every single day to search and watch entertaining and educational videos. So it is not much of a stretch to see that YouTube will one day become the top social media platform for everyone, especially for contractors.
So why is YouTube a critical next step for a contractor like you? For many, videos are intimidating. These are something people love to consume yet have no idea how to create it in the first place. And no offense to you, because the construction industry is notoriously slow to adopt new strategies and methods, particularly when it comes to marketing.
When you read this, you already got an edge, though. The majority of mid-sized contractors have yet to get started in video marketing fully. So, it only means now is your opportunity to take the market share at this corner of the Internet.
- Here are some ideas to get into YouTube marketing successfully:
- Start with your sales steam and ask them what do present clients and new customers ask constantly?
- Are there any particular aspects of your service that people want to know about?
- If you offer new services or products, how can you help your clients pick the right option for the application with the video?
2. LinkedIn – Exactly what you expect
There are many benefits to LinkedIn for contractors. These benefits are still what LinkedIn offers today. So, if you are still not using this social media platform to market your construction business, you are behind. Here are some advantages of being on LinkedIn:
- It’s a network of many working professionals.
- Everybody on LinkedIn will show what industry they work in
- You can discover in LinkedIn what the job title of these professionals
- You can efficiently market directly to your target clients and other decision-makers
LinkedIn has successfully done the hard work of curating a target audience for you. So, all you have to do is to bring the content. Using LinkedIn is just like using Twitter or Facebook. You need to post the content your target audience is interested in the most. However, you should know who your target audience is easier to determine now – big thanks to LinkedIn’s professional user base.
From there, you can create a LinkedIn posting schedule that you can stick to. Dedicated time-sharing engaging blog content from other industry leaders and participating in ongoing industry discussions on LinkedIn.
3. Facebook – Helping Contractors to Get More Leads
Did you know that Facebook is the top ad channel both for B2B and B2C companies? Social media is a significant revenue generator, with more and more leads coming to you thru Facebook alone. Do not be surprised if Facebook is one of the most widely used social media channels as of the present. In fact, it is one of the most popular ways to brand and market your construction company. On top of that, lead generation for a contractor like you work with Facebook is also easy enough to understand.
Here are some reasons why you must invest in Facebook marketing:
- Your company is thriving and already has a proven track of great services and performances.
- You trusted your brand and know that some of your competitors will bestow the same virtue from your brand.
- You have a construction website with onsite content: landing page to convert leads.
- You are partnering with a reliable digital marketing agency that comes up with result-driven marketing campaigns.
- You understand Facebook marketing and other digital marketing strategies like Link Building for better search engine results.
- You are very open to many changes and challenges.
4. Instagram – The Social Media Platform Contractors Did Not Expect
Instagram is the first image-based social media platform that firstly tossed bloggers to fame. So, how could it possibly do anything for your construction company? Two words meant for this – company culture. Most contractors are struggling to hire and retain skilled employees. And one tool that can help you address these issues is Instagram.
So why should you use Instagram? The majority of your clients will most likely become close to being millennials. And millennials love social media platforms, especially Instagram. More than half of U.S. millennials were found to be constantly active IG users. It only means that they are pretty much online every single time of every day.
Between the ages of twenty-five and forty, millennials are soon to become your target audience. And guess what? Millennials are closely paying attention to the company culture. To get your construction company’s IG platform going, here are some actionable tips:
- Check out other contractors you admire – This does not need to be your competition. Make sure to see what others are planning and doing to get the word out about the company and draw in the right audience.
- Give a few things to try – Begin with a couple of short videos of your production floor. You will be amazed at how little effort it can take to generate tons of results on Instagram. The trick here is to discover what other people want to see first.
Once you get several campaigns going, make sure to track the progress within your internal platform. See what works and what does not work. From the results, you can optimize your IG strategy based on what’s seeing the most engagement.
Houzz is an active and dedicated network for the construction management industry. It is an excellent tool for contractors, builders, architects, and interior designers to show off their projects and instantly connect to potential clients like homeowners and building homeowners by interacting with them thru forums and solving their many queries immediately.
This particular platform helps you to create a brand and let all of your works speak for themselves. There are many possible leads that flock around Houzz. They are searching for consultants, construction services, products for their interiors, etc., while discovering ideas and inspirations from all existing projects like yours. The Pro feature of Houzz can help you to reach out to your primary target audience directly. You have to create a business profile that enables you to improve your web presence.
Houzz is easy to navigate and use. However, it takes time and a lot of effort to build a solid professional profile and gain real credibility in the platform. Overall, it can be your free-way ticket to get your name on the front page for free.
So Where Exactly You Have to Start?
So throughout this blog, we have talked about LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook. While there are far more social media platforms out there that may be great fits for your construction company, these are four that commonly present unique opportunities that you may not have considered yet.
While social media marketing is not only the first thought for many contractors, but when you start using the following platforms properly, they can become effective, robust, and solid ways to set your business apart from the competition. And eventually meet your company’s growth goals.
Do you have more questions? Do you want assistance? Give ConstructionMarketing.io a call. We have a strong background in construction and have the best social media experts. We can help you improve your social media marketing strategies in the most effective ways.